Frequently Asked Questions
- +What are your business hours?
- ISI is open at 3 North Main in Sparta Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. If you need to contact ISI at other times, please call 336-372-3002 and leave a message, or send us a message from our site.
- +Can you make my site #1 on Google?
- Google looks at several different things when ranking sites. There is no single magic feature. Search engines' webbots read text on sites, and navigate from page to page with text links. Search engines also notice sites with more traffic across them. Links to and from your site, the number of visits and email activity can all increase your visibilty on the web. You can also submit your site to search engines, but they crawl the web so often, yours will probably be crawled by one of them within a few days of going live.
- +How much does a website cost?
- We charge by the page and by the size. E-commerce sites, blogs, and messageboards are more expensive than static, informational sites. All sites are quoted on a case-by-case basis, depending on the number of photos and amount of data. Contact us with more information for a personalized quote.
+What do you need from me to make my site?
- No one knows your business as well as you do. So you are the person who can supply the text and photos. It isn't difficult, though. Photographs, either digital or printed, negatives or transparencies, can be used on a site. We generally prefer it if data is submitted digitally (e-mailed or brought on a disc.) But we can create a site from just about any format. We can use your graphics or generate new.
- +Can we start off small, then eventually do e-commerce?
- Of course! All websites are modular. We can start with 1 or 2 pages, then add more information or features later.
- +You quote site by the page....how much information can I fit on a page?
- For billing, we consider a page to be one screenful of information. Of course, pages can be as long as you'd like, but will be charged accordingly. We usually allow up to 5 images on a page, and up to 15 pictures on a standard gallery page.
- +How can I cut down on the amount of spam I receive?
- Protect your email address. Turn on filters in your email program.
- +I love ****.com. Can you match it?
- We can use similar design elements, fonts, etc., but not complete pages or layouts. It's a great idea to look around when designing a new site to see what you think "works" and just as importantly, what you don't like.
- +What type of files do you need from me to build my rack card/brochure/advertisement?
- Find our file requirements here.
- +WalMart said they won't copy my parent's wedding photo. Will you?
- ISI cannot reproduce any image without permission from the copyright holder.
We require this form to be on file before we reproduce any image by a professional photographer or studio. Read our Copyright Policy for more information.
- +Can't you just use the logo from our site?
- The resolution for images displayed on the screen is usually 72 ppi. Typical resolution needed for print is 300 dpi, for newspapers 200 dpi. Ideally, we would like an Illustrator (.ai) fiel or an .eps file vector graphic which is infinately resizable. ISI can redraw your logo as a vector graphic, for a fee.
- +Why are you charging me for changes to my project?
- Our pricing includes up to 2 rounds of customers' changes or modifications. After that, design work is charged by the hour.
- +Why can't I use the photo you made for our site in other promotional printing?
- Unless ISI transfers copyright in writing, we retain all rights to our photos.
- +Send me all your files you used for our projects?
- ISI will not surrender original scans, incomplete works, or any proprietary building files.
- +What is a vector graphic?
- A vector graphic is a graphic image based on mathematical specifications of geometric elements. They can be scaled to any size without loss of resolution (sharpness). Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Freehand generate vector graphics.
- +What is CMYK?
- Standard off-set printing uses Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK inks in combination to depict all colors. 4 colors of ink hence the term "4/color printing."
- +What is a PDF?
- PDF stands for Portable Document Format invented by Adobe that embeds text, graphics, and page layout information into a compact file. Its appearance won't change regardless of how it is output or by whom.
- +I want pictures of my boys on a set of coasters to give to their grandmother. Can I use their school pictures?
- While we can (and do) make personalized mugs for gifts, it is important that you own copyright to the image (or at least have the photographer's written permission to copy the image). We require this form to be on file before we reproduce any image by a professional photographer or studio. Read our Copyright Policy for more information.
- +Is there any minimum order for any of these products?
- A benefit of this method of printing is the fact that there is no minimum order requirement. There is a set-up fee reflected in the pricing structure for the products. More information can be found on the Personalized Printing page.
- +If I got 6 mugs (one for each uncle and aunt) could I get a quantity discount?
- A disadvantage of this method of printing is the fact that we cannot offer a quantity discount.
- +Can your tiles be used as hot pads?
- They can stand the heat up to 450 degrees F, but the glossy ones can scratch. (The backing material and adhesive cannot withstand 450 degrees.
- +Are the coasters waterproof?
- The coasters are made of hardboard but are surface-coated with a hard polymer, which is waterproof.
- +My church is having it's 100th anniversary next year. What types of items can we sell as a fundraiser?
- Most of our specialty printing products have successfully been used as fundraisers. Contact us and ask about our resell pricelist.
- +I'm a studio photographer and am interested in becoming a re-seller for you products. What do I have to do?
- That's great! Just contact us and ask about our resell pricelist. You can also feel free to stop by our store front on Main Street in Sparta, NC to view examples of our products.